KVM & Consoles explained
As a Value Add Distributor, we want to give you the tools to be able to talk about the products we are offering with confidence to our customers and help you easily add them to your day to day opportunities and increase your deal size.
Here we explain exactly what Console & KVM’s are, what they do, along with features and benefits to your customer.
KVM (Keyboard Video Mouse) switches are used to access and control multiple IT devices from a single input keyboard, video monitor, and mouse, saving a great deal of time, space and power.
KVM over IP Switches are designed to enable remote access to servers across a LAN/WAN, the Internet or even ISDN/56K modem. KVM over IP devices also enable out of band management enabling remote power cycling and BIOS-level access to remote locations or within a datacentre.
There are two types of KVMs, each technology has its advantages.
• Easy to integrate with existing network infrastructure
• User access without distance limitations
• Multiple users can log in and gain concurrent access to collaborate on the same device
• Unlimited expandability with a uniform, predictable cost per added switch
• Ultimate security of isolation from the WAN/Internet
• Does no need any fixed IP addresses or router ports for deployment
• Potential for more users to access different devices on one switch
• Real-time (instantaneous) video and mouse response
• Utmost video quality; faster support for high pixel resolutions & colour depth
• Lower cost per port
Serial Console Server
Serial Console Servers provide secure, remote access to IT assets and console port management for serial-based servers and network appliances.
Sometimes referred to as a serial terminal server, provide datacentre managers secure remote management of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, Solaris, Windows, Unix and Linux servers, PBXs or any device with a serial console port.
Serial Console Servers enable IT professionals and network operations centre personnel to easily perform secure remote datacentre management and out-of-band management of IT assets from anywhere in the world.
• Manage IT assets from virtually anywhere even during system or network outages
• Out of Band management to monitor & respond to globally distributed networks from a central location at any given time
• Maximise uptime and continuity with real time notifications and access
• Minimise system disruptions and mean time to repair (MTTR)
• Save time and minimise cost with smart and consolidated management