A little interesting fact about where we are located…
Lowry Mill, was built in 1883 and is the only mill left standing out of seven in the district. Tens of thousands of local people passed through the doors in the manufacturing heydays, including some of our grandparents.
The mill is named after famous artist L.S. Lowry (1887-1976) who was born soon after the mill was brought into service and from the age of 25 lived a few hundred yards away at 117 Station Road.
The Mill, still retains its tall mill tower and is a Victorian masterpiece standing on 2.4 acres of land adjacent to the Borough Bowling Green. Following a multi-million investment programme, Lowry Mill is once again humming with the sound of workers 😁